Xcfb growing and growing and grow....

daniels at bigred.enet.dec.com daniels at bigred.enet.dec.com
Thu Jan 24 13:42:23 AEST 1991

In article <15990 at crdgw1.crd.ge.com>, meltsner at crd.ge.com (Kenneth J Meltsner) writes...
>Well, we're running Ultrix/RISC 3.1 on DS5000, have 32 meg of memory
>and a 600 M disk, run straight DECWindows, and we've got the same
>problem.  We're up to 16M as we speak -- but we also have a huge
>amount of swap space so we can do LISP programming.  Does this get
>fixed in 4.1?

This is not the official word, but as I understand it, there is a patch
available for V4.1.  That is, the problem is not fixed in V4.1, but is
fixed in a patch for that release.  I suggest that you contact your Digital
representative and ask them to find the patch.  If they have trouble, you
can give them my mail address (Daniels @ bigred @ vaxmail, if they use
ALL-IN-1), and I will try to put them in touch with the right people.

Again, I want to stress that I am not 100% positive the patch is in fact
available, but that I recall being told of a patch to Xcfb which I believe
addresses this problem.  If I learn that I am mistaken, I will post the
"official" status when I get it.  You should contact your local rep and
ask them to look into it.

- Brad