Does V4.1 DECnet installation also require V4.0 media?

Peter Murray pemurray at miavx1.acs.muohio.edu
Tue Jan 29 00:01:09 AEST 1991

In article <7091 at prowest.propress.com>, pan at prowest.propress.com (Philip A. Naecker) writes:
> I just installed ULTRIX V4.1 from the CDROM on a virgin system.  The
> installation was uneventful, and it seemed that the installation automatically
> did the mandatory update.  Is that correct, or do I have to manually do the
> mandatory update, or is there none?
>
> Also, when I tried to install DECnet from the same CD, setld complains that
> "DNPBASE400 requires the existence of the UDTBASE400 subset to operate
> correctly."  As best I can tell, the UDTBASE400 subset ain't on the
> distribution media.  Does that mean that to install DECnet from the V4.1 media
> I also need the V4.0 media?  Do I risk trashing my V4.1 stuff by installing the

We did the same rather uneventful install last weekend (Ultrix 4.1 and DECnet
4.0(?)).  The DECnet install also compained about not finding the UDTBASE400
subset.  So I manually created the lock files to make it appear that the
4.0 subsets were loaded:

	/bin/cp /dev/null /usr/etc/subsets/UDTBASE400.lk
	/bin/cp /dev/null /usr/etc/subsets/UDTBIN400.lk
	/bin/cp /dev/null /usr/etc/subsets/UDTCOMM400.lk

So far, everything seems to work ok.

Peter
	/bin/cp /dev/null /usr/etc/subsets/UDTMAN400.lk
Peter Murray	                         176 Thompson Hall, Oxford, Ohio  45056
ACS Consultant                        pemurray at miavx1.[bitnet | acs.muohio.edu]
APSVAX/APSTWR/APSRISC Manager                     pmurray at apsvax.aps.muohio.edu
Student Hacker                         NeXT Mail:  pmurray at next4.acs.muohio.edu