Does V4.1 DECnet installation also require V4.0 media?

Philip A. Naecker pan at prowest.propress.com
Mon Jan 28 11:18:55 AEST 1991

I just installed ULTRIX V4.1 from the CDROM on a virgin system.  The
installation was uneventful, and it seemed that the installation automatically
did the mandatory update.  Is that correct, or do I have to manually do the
mandatory update, or is there none?

Also, when I tried to install DECnet from the same CD, setld complains that
"DNPBASE400 requires the existence of the UDTBASE400 subset to operate
correctly."  As best I can tell, the UDTBASE400 subset ain't on the
distribution media.  Does that mean that to install DECnet from the V4.1 media
I also need the V4.0 media?  Do I risk trashing my V4.1 stuff by installing the
V4.0 stuff?

Philip A. Naecker                Consulting Software Engineer
Internet: pan at propress.com       1010 East Union Street, Suite 101
          uunet!prowest!pan      Pasadena, CA  91106-1756
Voice:    +1 818 577 4820        FAX: +1 818 577 0073

Also:     Technology Editor, DEC Professional Magazine
          VAX Professional Magazine Review Board Member