gcc compiler under ultrix 4.0 (-g opt.)

Dj Merrill DEEJ at MAINE.BITNET
Tue Jan 8 06:19:04 AEST 1991

I am trying to make the gcc compiler under ultrix 4.0 on a decstation 3100.
I have followed the instructions (At least I think so..  :-) )

but am having problems compiling with the -g option.  If I omit this, the
gcc compiler seems to make okay, but when I do the check to see if the files
are different, they are.  This would indicate an error of some kind.
Has anyone run across this problem and have a fix??

I have tried the    'ar rc /usr/local/lib/libg.a' mentioned in the
INSTALL file with no luck.

|         Dj Merrill           |
| Systems and Network Manager  |
|  University of Maine NCGIA   |