Problem with screen flicker

Mike Ewan mike at raven.uss.tek.com
Thu Jan 31 04:21:34 AEST 1991

In article <90383 at lll-winken.LLNL.GOV>, mking at lll-crg.llnl.gov (Marianne King) writes:
[stuff deleted]

|> I have heard several theories about this problem including that the DEC
|> color monitors just do not work very well and that they have a problem
|> with an adequate refresh rate.
|>
|> Has anybody had this problem?  If so, please let me know.

I've seen this also.  I think it has to do with an intersection of the refresh
rate and the 60Hz flicker in flourescent lighting.  I found the thing to be
unusable except under incandescent lighting or darkness.

Mike

--
 Michael Ewan    (503)627-6468      Internet:  mike at raven.USS.TEK.COM
 Unix Systems Support                   UUCP:  ...!uunet!raven.uss.tek.com!mike