New RISC compilers????

Jim Hudgens hudgens at sun13.scri.fsu.edu
Sun Mar 17 12:26:01 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar16.235222.10491 at crl.dec.com> you write:

>The new RISC compilers are fully integrated into Ultrix, without the
>warts which afflict VAX Fortran/Ultrix (caused by the differing
>calling conventions between Unix and VMS, since that compiler was
>originally written for VMS).  No "jacket routines" or any of that
>stuff...

A couple of users here are using the new fortran compiler, and seem
happy with it (so far).  Having played with the old VAX FORT, and
porting a program which links in lots of C modules, I was initially
unhappy to hear that there was a risc fort coming.  The fact that
it uses the ultrix linker was good news to me.

--

Jim Hudgens		Supercomputer Computations Research Institute
hudgens at sun13.scri.fsu.edu