local man pages

Greg Bell - Systems gbell at genesiscsc.wsu.edu
Wed Mar 13 09:00:38 AEST 1991

I understand that my first posting got garbled
because I did not stay within 80 character lines.

  I have a DECstation 3100 running Ultrix 4.1.
  I recently ported ispell to it, which
  wants to put the man pages in /usr/man/manl.
  Doing a `man man' seems to suggest that
  `man local ispell' should work, which it does
  if I use the System V man (/usr/bin/man),
  but I get a Segmentation fault with /usr/ucb/man.
  Typing only `man ispell' indicates that there is
  no man page for ispell. Am I doing something wrong,
  or is the Berkeley man broken?

Greg Bell