How does sendmail get UUCP host names?

Bill Roth bill at pslu1.psl.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 12 11:16:42 AEST 1991

I'm having trouble installing UUCP on a decstation 3100. If I install
a new host in L.sys, and create the appropriate directories, kill sendmail
freeze the configuration file, and restart sendmail, when I mail
to the new host, it does not find it. The mailer returns a message that
says: host "newhost" not connected to pslu1 by uucp.

Where does sendmail pick up the UUCP hosts, and how?