How does sendmail get UUCP host names?

John Haxby jch at hollie.rdg.dec.com
Tue Mar 12 19:29:38 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar12.011642.17723 at pslu1.psl.wisc.edu>, bill at pslu1.psl.wisc.edu (Bill Roth) writes:
|> I'm having trouble installing UUCP on a decstation 3100. If I install
|> a new host in L.sys, and create the appropriate directories, kill sendmail
|> freeze the configuration file, and restart sendmail, when I mail
|> to the new host, it does not find it. The mailer returns a message that
|> says: host "newhost" not connected to pslu1 by uucp.
|>
|> Where does sendmail pick up the UUCP hosts, and how?

Look for the line that contains "L.sys" in the sendmail configuration
file, make sure that it is not commented out :-) and check that
the scanf(3s) format string on that line will indeed pick out the
UUCP hostnames from L.sys.
--
John Haxby, Definitively Wrong.
Digital				<jch at wessex.rdg.dec.com>