Getting MIT/R4 clients to run on DECnet

Bo Stig Hansen EMP bsh at iddth3.id.dk
Fri Mar 8 18:11:26 AEST 1991

rsignell at crusty.er.usgs.gov (Richard P. Signell) writes:

>When I try to build R4 clients on my DECstation 5000
>with Ultrix 4.1, I often have problems finding include files.
>Are they missing or they just have different locations
>than the MIT X11/R4?

I have the same problem on a VAXstation 3100 running Ultrix 4.1.
Recently I tried to build the SeeTeX previewer for TeX output
(posted on comp.sources.x) and noticed that the include
files are NOT organized like on the MIT distribution (Athena
widget stuff in a separate subdirectory etc.).

More grave is it, however, that some files are totally missing, e.g.
<X11/Xmu/Converters.h> and <X11/Xaw/Sme.h>.

I hope to get comment/advice on this, especially from DEC people.

-Bo Hansen (bsh at id.dth.dk)