DECstation 3100 serial ports for uucp?

Don Thomson thomson at zazen.macc.wisc.edu
Mon May 20 22:18:35 AEST 1991

We have several DECstation 3100's running Ultrix 4.1 and are looking at
offering uucp services, but are concerned about the feasibility of doing so
given that the 3100 serial ports don't provide complete modem control.  The
ports have been described to me as RS423, data lead only, as opposed to the
full-blown RS232 ports on the DECstation 5000's.  Are other people successfully
running uucp on a 3100, and if so was there anything special done in the setup
to compensate for the serial port problems?
--

----- Don Thomson ----- MACC, 1210 W. Dayton, Madison, WI  53706 -------------
    (608) 262-0138      thomson at macc.wisc.edu / thomson at wiscmacc.bitnet