Editor with DecWindows

Les Carleton la_carle at sol.brispoly.ac.uk
Wed May 8 22:08:48 AEST 1991

In article <009480D6.D067D740 at KING.ENG.UMD.EDU> sysmgr at KING.ENG.UMD.EDU (Doug Mohney) writes:

   [most stuff cut] -- again!

   Uh, this might be a really dumb question and open me up to flames, but...

   Why doesn't the Ultrix group port (if such a thing could be done) EVE to
   Ultrix and bundle it in with the Ultrix release? I know I can go third-party
   but...geepers... for we VMS maggots who have to walk into the ULTRIX world,it
   would be a great help (instead of using vi, or GNU-pig-EMACS)....

Life can be tough for a VMS Maggot :-)

I belive this is what has been said inside DEC for many years now. The
VMS people want it ... the Ultrix people want them to use vi (or
better still Emacs (which now has an EVE/EDT mode available on the
net)).

Watch this space ... your prayers may very soon be answered.

...Les...
"Unix Maggot"