Shared Printers

Bob Kras kras at syorrk.nac.dec.com
Thu May 23 16:41:56 AEST 1991

Actually, DECNET/ULTRIX does provide a rudimentary feature for printing
files remotely:  The "-P" flag to dcp will print to the default printer
(I believe this is the VMS logical SYS$PRINTER)

It gets a little stickey if you want to select the queue you would like
to print to:

Sufficiently sophisticated hacks have created shell scripts for print
filters that create VMS jobs to do the copy/print/delete using the "dcp
-S" option to submit the job to the VMS batch queue sys$batch.