Editor with DecWindows

Mike Iglesias iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
Fri May 10 03:35:26 AEST 1991

In article <LA_CARLE.91May8195227 at sol.brispoly.ac.uk> la_carle at sol.brispoly.ac.uk (Les Carleton) writes:
>I think you'll find that newer DECwindows apps may use a DECwindows
>clipboard instead of the MIT one (may be the wrong term but I am
>referring to the buffer where cut text is stored in the X server).
>Cutting and pasting between DX apps and X apps worked fine until v4,
>but I remember getting some problems after that upgrade.

I just tried cutting and pasting between an X11R4 xterm window and
a dxterm window (both ways) and it worked fine.  I'm running Ultrix 4.1
on a DS5000/200 PX system with twm as the window manager.  I was also
able to cut from the session manager window and paste into an xterm
window.  Granted that this is a small sample, but it does work.

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine
Internet:    iglesias at draco.acs.uci.edu
BITNET:      iglesias at uci