Seagate ST41650N on DEC5000/Ultrix 4.0

Salvador Pinto Abreu spa at fct.unl.pt
Sat May 25 04:11:31 AEST 1991

I'm about to receive a Seagate ST41650N 1.4Gb SCSI disk, which I
intend to install on a DECstation 5000/200, running Ultrix 4.0.

There was some talk not long ago about SCSI disks larger than 1G and
Ultrix (I hear it was fixed in Ultrix 4.2, but I can't wait until
that), but I didn't save the articles :-(

The question is: what must be done in order for this to work? Does
anyone already have a disktab entry for this drive?  I won't be using
the `c' partition, I'll just stick to less-than-1G filesystems.

Is there anything I should beware of?
-- Salvador Pinto Abreu		spa at fct.unl.pt
				Universidade Nova de Lisboa, PORTUGAL