Seagate ST41650N on DEC5000/Ultrix 4.0

Salvador Pinto Abreu spa at fct.unl.pt
Wed May 29 02:34:42 AEST 1991

on 28 May 91 03:41:22 GMT,
treese at crl.dec.com (Win Treese) said:

> From what I understand, this is a known bug in the current ULTRIX BIND.
>
> For an unsupported, at-your-own-risk new version, you can ftp from
>
> 	{crl,gatekeeper}.dec.com:/pub/DEC/cra-bind.tar.Z
>
> This is BIND 4.8.3 for RISC/ULTRIX.

Right answer to the wrong question, I'm already running cra-bind
(quite happy with it) :-)

The thing is, is there any way to format the ST41650N with 1K blocks
and have Ultrix 4.0 know about this, so that I can overcome the 1Gb
limit (before Ultrix 4.2 gets here, which may never happen as we don't
have SW maintenance)?
-- Salvador Pinto Abreu		spa at fct.unl.pt
				Universidade Nova de Lisboa, PORTUGAL