Advice on Technical Plotting Software for DECstation Wanted

Chin Fang fangchin at elaine54.Stanford.EDU
Thu May 16 06:44:22 AEST 1991

After my post regarding gnuplot, I got so many mails asking for where to
find gnuplot 2.0.2 that I believe this post should be of general interest.

The best way to get to know the world's ftp archive sites, as far as I am
concerned, is the following:

Telnet to "quiche.cs.mcgill.ca", log in as "archie" with no password,
then type help to get to know this neafty program.  If you want something
like gnuplot 2.0.2 in a hurry, just type prog gnuplot, you will see hundreds
archive sites scrolling pass your eyes.  I urge you learn how to use this
good program.  You can use it to find some numerical analysis programs as
well [I got to say this, otherwise I would get flamed in this n-m related
group :-) ]

Hope the info helps as I am unable to reply more then 20 mails in one day!
I am a busy SA too.

Regards,

Chin Fang
Mechanical Engineering Department