Why can't I start hesupd?

Ignatow, Bryan A. baihelp at zeus.tamu.edu
Thu May 23 02:15:36 AEST 1991

In article <1991May22.103301.647 at nbivax.nbi.dk>, nilsson at nbivax.nbi.dk writes...
>I would like to get in touch with somebody, who is running Bind/Hesiod
>successfully under Ultrix 4.1 The Bind part seems to work OK, but I can
>not make the hesupd daemon start on the server:
>
>/usr/etc/hesupd
>hesupd can only be run on a bind primary

I have gotten Bind/Hesiod to work successfully.  You may want to look
in your /var/dss/namedb/named.boot file to see what kind of server
you are (secondary, slave, primaryh, etc...).

If you can't solve it from there, send me relavent information and I will
take a look at it.

We run Bind/Hesiod on a VAX 11/750 under Ultrix 4.1 (rev 200)

  Bryan A. Ignatow                   Bitnet:    baihelp at tamrigel
  Academic Computing Services        Internet:  baihelp at rigel.tamu.edu
  Texas A&M University               THEnet:    rigel::baihelp
  Room 048 WERC                      SPAN:      utspan::utadnx::rigel::baihelp
  Mail Stop 3154                     HEPnet:    fnbit::utdal::rigel::baihelp
  College Station, Texas 77843-3154  GTE:       (409) 845-5951
  "Home of The Big One --- Zeus, a VAX 9000-210VP"

  Axiom     : If IBM were responsible for evolution, the dinosaurs would
              still roam the earth.
  Corollary : However, they would put a hell of a lot of money into R&D.