Editor with DecWindows

Johan Vromans jv at mh.nl
Tue May 7 22:12:33 AEST 1991

In article <1991May6.123655 at wsl.dec.com> gringort at wsl.dec.com (Joel Gringorten) writes:

> This isn't true.  DECwindows uses the same selection mechanism as MIT.
> I regularly cut and paste between DEC and MIT apps and it works just fine.
> Have you actually tried this?

Yes. And I stopped using it since I get unpredictable results.
Sometimes I can select (= make black) a piece of text and paste it
into some other window, at other times I get the results of a previous
yank instead. And then, dxterm has its own Copy/Paste that uses a
different selection buffer that cannot be pasted in other (MIT-based)
windows. Try to explain that to novice users.

It may work for you, but it is counter-intuitive to me.

	Johan
--
Johan Vromans				       jv at mh.nl via internet backbones
Multihouse Automatisering bv		       uucp: ..!{uunet,hp4nl}!mh.nl!jv