the shell and stopped processes

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!menlo70!sri-unix!MP at MIT-AI utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!menlo70!sri-unix!MP at MIT-AI
Thu Dec 31 21:54:50 AEST 1981

From: Mark A. Plotnick <MP at MIT-AI>
I originally sent this to 4bsd-bugs, but maybe someone out
there on UNIX-WIZARDS has solved this problem already...

What can one do about processes which stop themselves (with SIGTSTP)
when the shell isn't the c-shell?  I had this happen to me today; I
ran a program which stopped itself, but the sh was still waiting, and
all my typing was merely echoed back at me (int and quit signals were
ignored, of course).  Does anyone know of a fix for this (other than
switching to csh)?
	Mark (MP at MC or eagle!mit-vax!mp)