Graphics subroutine package?

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Thu Oct 15 22:32:52 AEST 1981

>From decvax!shannon at Berkeley Thu Oct 15 21:41:07 1981

Is there a standard graphics subroutine package in wide
use on Unix systems?  I am in the position where I want
to add support for a new graphics terminal (GIGI) to an
existing graphics subroutine library and I'd like to
start with a popular library that is already in wide use.
My current thinking is to use the stdplt library distributed
on one of the recent Unix conference tapes.  Is anyone
using stdplt?  What else is there?  How about a set of
standard "Calcomp" routines for Unix?  How about PLOT-10?

				Bill Shannon
				decvax!shannon or
				csvax.shannon at Berkeley