1200-baud acoustic couplers

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Thu Oct 15 20:37:13 AEST 1981

>From decvax!duke!unc!smb at Berkeley Thu Oct 15 20:12:23 1981
In-real-life: Steven M. Bellovin
Location: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Phone: (919) 966-3305

Has anyone had any experience with any 212-compatible acoustic couplers?
We're about to get some 1200-baud dial-in service for our machines,
and there's some sentiment for getting Vadic triples for use with their
portable terminals and couplers.  (Direct-connect isn't necessarily
good for travel; hotels don't like modular phones, because they're too
easy to rip off.)