Group ID bit masks

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Thu Oct 15 22:39:50 AEST 1981

>From Mike.Accetta at CMU-10A Thu Oct 15 21:45:33 1981
We have far more than 16 groups in use at our site.  Doesn't the proposed
group ID bit mask more or less imply that 16 is the upper limit on
groups or am I missing something in the suggestion?  Such a limit would
certainly not be acceptable for us although multiple groups at a time
would be quite useful.  I don't know if anyone has considered it, but
(in my opinion) such an feature should also not require that you belong
to all the groups of which you are a member, but these should be
selectively enabled/disabled.

			- Mike