A UNIX Book

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Mon Oct 5 21:58:33 AEST 1981

>From purdue!cak at Berkeley Mon Oct  5 21:56:01 1981
A book has come across my desk entitled 'Using the UNIX System', by
Richard Gauthier (sp?) of RLG Associates. It's sort of an expanded
UNIX for Beginners, combined with UPM and lots of examples. I will
submit a fuller review when I have time. The book is OK, no better.
Prepared with TEX (sorry, no half-line down on this terminal), D. Knuth's
typesetting system running on ONYX, <not> troff. Lots of typos
and omissions, and some bits of advice that I (personally) consider
erroneous. But a step in the right direction.
	Chris