Hashed Symbol Table routines

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Mon Oct 5 20:29:44 AEST 1981

>From menlo70!sytek!zehntel!berry at Berkeley Mon Oct  5 20:26:28 1981

	We have two sets of symbol table routines here, both written
	in c.  The first is based on Bill McKeemans routines in
	"Compiler Construction, an Advanced Course; Second Edition"
	[Bauer and Eickel, eds.  Springer Verlag 1976] and have been
	used 3 or 4 times in different projects.  It uses a hash
	table with simple chaining for collisions.  For a copy, send
	me mail or something; we have no ARPAaccess, but the USENET
	address is decvax!sytek!zehntel!berry.

	We also have a set that uses a binary tree structure,
	available from decvax!sytek!zehntel!ed.

	For the record, in case of arpa-usenet difficulties, our
	USnail address is:
		Plantronics/Zehntel Inc.
		2625 Shadelands Drive
		Walnut Creek, CA 94598
		(415)932-6900

	If necessary we will write on self-addressed stamped tapes
	in tar or tp, 800 or 1600 bpi.

	The hashed routines are 873 lines, 17321 characters
	(currently)

	Cheers!
		--Berry Kercheval