uucp

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Wed Oct 21 13:59:42 AEST 1981

>From menlo70!sytek!zehntel!berry at Berkeley Wed Oct 21 13:25:33 1981
Recently an issue of Poli-Sci Digest mentioned a file that could
be ftp'ed or uucp'd.  I tried the uucp command suggested in the
Digest, and it failed.  The problem is with uucp'ing from/to sites
we cannot dial directly. Thus,
	uucp foo!/usr/spool/uucppublic/bar my_bar
works fine, but
	uucp sytek!menlo70!ucbvax!/usr/spool/uucppublic/bar my_bar
fails. (This was the command I tried, essentially.  Only the terminal
pathnames are changed).  Is this a general (mis?)feature of uucp?
or do we have an out-of-date version?

	--Berry Kercheval (ucbvax!menlo70!sytek!zehntel!berry)