Multiplexed Files

utzoo!decvax!harpo!ihnss!ihps3!stolaf!borman utzoo!decvax!harpo!ihnss!ihps3!stolaf!borman
Mon Apr 26 02:23:25 AEST 1982

As you may recall, a couple of weeks ago I sent out a general request
for literature dealing with multiplexed files.  It seems that this is
a rather unknown subject, or no one wants to tell me about them.   So
far I haven't gotten anything worthwhile.  It seems to me that SOMEONE
out there must have used multiplexed files, and can inform me on the
various uses of, and theories behind multiplexed files.  I also thought
for sure that I'd hear from someone at Berkeley, seeing as how in 2BSD
they've rewritten many of the multiplexed sources.   How about it, eh?
Any of you guys at Berkeley have any documentation you can send me, or
tell me how to get?  Also, in the responses that I have received, there
has been made mention of an InterProcess Communication Facility that
will be on the next Berkeley distro which will make Multiplexed files
obsolete.  Any comments on what they'll be able to do, and when they'll
become available?

I've gotten many requests for any information that I get, so there are
many people out there who want more information.  I'll forward info
when I get it.  If I get enough inquiries, I'll make a digest of what
I get and put it on the net. So, how about it, folks?  I'll be awaiting
your comments and experiences in dealing with multiplexed files, and any
literature you might know of.

					Dave Borman
					St. Olaf College
					ihnss!ihps3!stolaf!borman