extended signals/job control

sri-unix!JEKULP at MIT-MC sri-unix!JEKULP at MIT-MC
Wed Feb 24 20:04:02 AEST 1982

I have the original code (written on a pdp11!!), but that wasn't
2.8bsd.  It is similar to the VAX, since I first sent it to Bill Joy,
he ther returned his vax version to me, and I  (at that time) merged
his vax version back into my 11 code.  The vax version has evolved and improved
since then.  I have te code mostly merged, but in the combined
vax and 11 code running here at MIT (which also has vax-like
configuration).  I hope to have this "package" finished up sometime in March.
My goal is not a 2.8 with minimal changes for job control, but rather an 11
kernel that maximally shares code with 4.1bsd (not vm stuff of course).