Horrible cron bug (you've already seen this, Usenet)

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!hpvax!sri-unix!Lepreau at UTAH-20 utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!hpvax!sri-unix!Lepreau at UTAH-20
Mon Jan 18 21:09:28 AEST 1982

I sent this to net.bugs on Usenet awhile ago, but figure it's bad enuf
that the Arpa folks should see it.  It's in both v7 and 4.1.

Ever been plagued with dissappearing cron's?  We have...
Would occasionally core dump (oh so silently) at start up or reread of
crontab if had entry > 100 chars. A completely undoc'ed restriction.
Change to 400 chars (also undoc'ed).  Should be fixed properly, but this
does for now.  Change listing:
-----------
1c1
< static char *sccsid = "@(#)cron.c	4.3 (Berkeley) 7/5/81";
---
> static char *sccsid = "@(#)cron.c	4.3 (Berkeley) 11/30/81";
9a10
> #define MAXLINEL 400		/* Max length between real \n's */
158c159
< 	if(cp > list+listsize-100) {
---
-------