kernal

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!hpvax!sri-unix!gwyn at ut-tsp utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!hpvax!sri-unix!gwyn at ut-tsp
Mon Jan 18 21:02:44 AEST 1982

Obviously, "kernal" is the illiterate spelling of "kernel".  That is no
worse than about 50% of the internal program documentation spelling I've
seen.  I believe much of this stems from phonetic spelling of words
known to the programmer only through conversation.  Incidentally, I
found that a word list used by our spelling checker had many spelling
errors itself!
-------