renaming of unix-wizards newsgroup

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!mhtsa!harpo!cbosg!cbosgd!mark utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!mhtsa!harpo!cbosg!cbosgd!mark
Mon Jan 4 15:57:54 AEST 1982

This should have been announced about a week ago, but I've been away
for the holidays and just now caught up on my mail and news.

sri-unix is now directly serving as a gateway between the USENET
unix-wizards newsgroup and the ARPANET unix-wizards mailing list.
Rather than the previous fa.unix-wizards kludge, where you had to
know to reply by mailing to ucbvax!unix-wizards, you can now post
directly to net.unix-wizards.  It will look like a regular newsgroup
on USENET, and people on the ARPANET will receive mail as always.
Better yet, there will probably be a subject on each article!

Thus, fa.unix-wizards is now renamed net.unix-wizards.  You should
change your subscriptions and ngfiles accordingly.  (Best to allow
both for now, since there is some faint possibility of switching
back if this doesn't work out.  Geoff Goodfellow is screening the
mail to filter out junk, and this time he promises to try to send
it out every night!)

For a couple days, articles were being posted to BOTH fa and net
newsgroups, with different article ID's.  So please bear with the
duplication of articles you are likely to find when you switch.
This situation has been corrected and now everything goes to
net.unix-wizards.  Hopefully this will be the last article that
goes on fa.unix-wizards.

This same gateway method is being used with net.chess.  We would
like to use it to rename as many fa newsgroups as possible, but
the digests probably will stay fa for now, unless someone has a
wonderful suggestion about how to do this for a digest.

	Mark Horton'