Rand Editor

guy at rlgvax.UUCP guy at rlgvax.UUCP
Sat Apr 9 11:49:06 AEST 1983

If it's a sufficiently old version of the Rand Editor, my suggestion is
"forget it".  It has to be one of the worst C programs I have ever seen,
with a 14-page loop with a bowl of linguine for a control structure, "goto"s
all over the place.  The code to provide "terminal-independence" is a mess
too; I had to work quite a while on it before discovering that the problem
with it on a VT100 is the VT100's unusual autowrap mode.

Besides, who wants an editor that wastes disk space and programmer patience
by turning tabs into spaces?  It throws away information; our "ev" editor
and "vi" both record the fact that you hit the TAB key while typing in text
by stuffing a TAB character into the text.

					Guy Harris
					RLG Corporation
					{seismo,mcnc,we13}!rlgvax!guy