Can one buy JUST a unix licence?

Brad Templeton bstempleton at watmath.UUCP
Mon Aug 15 08:43:21 AEST 1983

Is it known if one can purchase just a unix licence without getting
it from some vendor?  Ie. can you buy unix(TM) for your micro without
getting Xenix or Unisoft or whatever and paying the price?

How much would this cost.  The idea here is that there is public domain
code out there done at Universities that you need such a licence to run.
You don't actually have to buy the rest.  In this case, for example,
you could compile such programs and run them binary only on any machine
with a C compiler.

Reply by mail, of course, and don't anybody DARE complain about how
licence is spelled.  I am not an American so I spell it the original
way.
--
	Brad Templeton - Waterloo, Ont. (519) 886-7304