TMODEM: UNIX-compatible Christensen MODEM program in C

ian at utcsstat.UUCP ian at utcsstat.UUCP
Mon Aug 15 14:01:59 AEST 1983

The recent comment on USENET about huge assembly-language MODEM
programs prompts this posting:

This MODEM program was written by Andrew Scott Beals at MIT.
I liked it, so I'm posting it to the net (with Beals' permission).
Called TMODEM, it is in the UNIX/software tools style of programming, that is,
it doesn't log on to remote systems, have 365 different options,
or scratch your nose for you. It has just two modes (send and receive)
and concentrates on sending and receiving files. Normal usage would
be to sign on from a CP/M system (using the TO option of CP/M
MODEM), and login to UNIX, then invoke TMODEM to transmit
or receive a file. Note that `transmit' and `receive' are locally
defined, so the CP/M side should be instructed to transmit when the TMODEM
side is in receive, or vice versa.

There are two source files, the one distributed by Beals and one I cleaned up
a little. They both work; mine has one bug fix (clearing to the
end of the buffer at end of file on receive). Use whichever you like,
for whatever you like. This software is not to be sold; it may be
freely distributed provided the author is credited.

program written by Andrew Scott Beals (SJOBRG.ANDY%MIT-OZ at MIT-MC)
distributed to USENET by Ian Darwin (utcsstat!ian).
Source is in net.sources.