enhanced cron.c, anyone?

mark%umcp-cs at udel-relay mark%umcp-cs at udel-relay
Sun Aug 7 07:06:39 AEST 1983

From:  Mark Weiser <mark%umcp-cs at udel-relay>

	(BTBTW: while you're thinking about cron how about the
	following bug, which has existed since before the dark ages
	?: cron only consults the time ONCE, when it starts: if
	it's wrong, crons idea of the time STAYS wrong forever.

E.g., once our vax thought it was 1972 after a DEC ECO.  I
naively changed the date after people had been running for a
while, and it only took cron about 5 minutes to spawn so many
processes everything was on its knees (including me praying for
mercy).