UDA50 driver (specifically 4.1BSD, but possibly 4.1c as well)

chris at umcp-cs.UUCP chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Mon Aug 29 20:10:33 AEST 1983

After a Unibus reset, our UDA50 gets thoroughly hung.  (We're running
4.1BSD on an 11/780.)  The symptoms are that we get a UBA IVMR error
with FUBAR = the address of the UDA50.  At this point, the UDA50
timeout routine I added starts resetting the UBA once every 20
seconds.  (And then when the UDA50 interrupts, we get another IVMR
error, etc. etc.)

It looks to me like the UDA50 driver reset routine is screwing with
some UBA thingy that it ought to be leaving alone.  Has anyone else
encountered, or better yet fixed, the problem?

--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris.umcp-cs at UDel-Relay