Problem (bug?) with vi

mark at umcp-cs.UUCP mark at umcp-cs.UUCP
Sun Dec 4 12:20:05 AEST 1983

	A similar problem occurs when I hit a single return, and
	the cursor drops two lines.  This is not just key-bounce, since if I
	then use the up-arrow key to move up one line, the cursor moves
	up two lines.  It is too much for coincidence that I should
	get key-bounce twice in a row.  Again, the use of ctrl-l
	to rewrite the screen fixes it, but is slow and annoying.

This just sounds like a line longer than the screen width.  Return and
up arrow in vi both mean move a file line, not a screen line.
In lisp it is easy to get real long lines without knowing it.
--
spoken:	mark weiser
UUCP:	{seismo,allegra,brl-bmd}!umcp-cs!mark