UDA50A V.S. The UniBus !

mogul%shasta at sri-unix.UUCP mogul%shasta at sri-unix.UUCP
Fri Dec 9 08:57:00 AEST 1983

From:  Jeff Mogul <mogul at shasta>

The Xerox 3mb ethernet interface is a notorious Unibus-killer.
There are some "ECOs" floating around that improve it; we always
used to put it at the tail end of the Unibus, just to be safe.

An un-ECOed 3mb interface on a 750's Unibus before an RK07 is
guaranteed to give you a trashed disk; with the ECOs, it seems
to work OK, but we don't have any UDA50s.

Sorry, I don't know what the changes are supposed to be.

-Jeff