osh

rcj at burl.UUCP rcj at burl.UUCP
Thu Jun 16 00:38:31 AEST 1983

When I get a piece of software, or want to send one out to another
site running Unix, I don't ask them if they are running oUnix or
Unix or nUnix -- I just ask them if they are running USG or BSD
and whether they are running 4.0, 5.0, 2.8 or whatever.  Why not
do the same for changed software elsewhere:  have the newest version
of nroff called simply "nroff", and call the old version(s) by some
numbering scheme.  nroff1, nroff2.4, etc. should be used very infrequently
anyway, since everyone should be converting over to the new nroff.
--

The MAD Programmer -- 919-228-3814 (Cornet 291)
alias: Curtis Jackson	...![ floyd sb1 mhuxv ]!burl!rcj