osh

gwyn%brl-vld at sri-unix.UUCP gwyn%brl-vld at sri-unix.UUCP
Sat Jun 18 06:38:39 AEST 1983

From:      Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn at brl-vld>

If Bell and Berkeley would make a concerted effort, I am sure that
most user utilities could be merged into one common "latest"
version.  Clearly this would require the latest UNIX license also.

I've been porting the entire System III (soon to be V) environment
onto 4.1cBSD (soon to be 4.2BSD) for a variety of reasons, a minor
one of which is to be able to run some of the "newer" software on
4.1cBSD.  When this work is done I will make it available somehow
(license verification is a problem) and announce it to the list.

P.S.  It is hard to emulate some USG features adequately on 4.1cBSD;
the worst mismatch is the yucky BSD terminal driver.