Too many inits

wcs at hou2b.UUCP wcs at hou2b.UUCP
Fri Jun 3 08:46:42 AEST 1983

There was a recent discussiion that went as follows:

	J. Novice Wizard:  Why do I have so many inits?

	Subset of World:   Flame! Flame! Flame!

When I was using USG UNIX, there was only one init, but lots of
gettys.  Now that I use Berkeley 4.1, I seem to have gettys on
hardwired terminals and inits on dialups, at least mostly.

At the risk of inviting more flames, can I assume this is ok?
(Silence implies consent, but I borrowed an asbestos keyboard
to display my ignorance safely.)

			Thanks;  Bill Stewart hou2b!hoscf!bin