Too many inits

smh at mit-eddi.UUCP smh at mit-eddi.UUCP
Sat Jun 4 01:57:11 AEST 1983

I was one of the wizards who politely replied to the original query
explaining how many init's was perfectly normal.  (I do resent the
implication that it was wrong for me to present the obvious
information to someone who appeared to be a beginner -- but let
that pass...)  Let's deal with technical issues, which are much more
fun.

If the extra inits were created by someone running them from shell level
explicitly, how is it that they couldn't be killed?  In the original
query, I naturally assumed that the inits were being recreated with
new process numbers by the master init, but now I'm not so sure...
Perhaps Vahe could explain what gives?