Too many inits

mjb at brunix.UUCP mjb at brunix.UUCP
Fri Jun 3 16:30:47 AEST 1983

Well, well, well. So iuvax!vahe isn't a rank novice after all, and it turns
out the "presumptuous" people were all the well-meaning "teachers" who assumed
he can't read the manual!  For the record, my colleagues and I were splitting
a gut not over iuvax!vahe's predicament, nor at his level of expertise, but
rather at the beauty of the prose used to describe the situation. To wit:

		      "I've tried killing them with KILL signals, but they
just pop right back, swap out, and sit there."

Pure poetry! As a matter of interest, while the net was clogged with postings
from self-styled pomposity exorcists, the mail I received was all of the "I
got a laugh out of it, too" variety.

No, I didn't attempt to "set the guy straight". As a rule, I only reply to
pleas for help if I think I can add some particular insight to the problem;
I am certainly beyond the stage where I have to prove my "wizard credentials"
to anyone. This is not to put down anyone who did reply (except, of course,
for ritcv!bozo), and I thought iuvax!vahe was rather rude to do so.

Flame all you want, it's still the funniest thing I've ever read on the net,
and I'm not afraid to admit it!

Mike Braca, Brown CS, {decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!brunix!mjb, mjb.brown at udel-relay