Fix for BAD BLOCKS on rp0 wanted

sam at fau.UUCP sam at fau.UUCP
Tue May 31 07:23:14 AEST 1983

Our system runs v7 UNIX on a PDP-11/44, and we do not have error-free
disk packs. Hence we are bothered by BAD BLOCKS on disk packs.

     How do you solve this problem on your system???

We have modified our mkfs program so that it now cleans up bad blocks on
all but the root file system.
Since the root file system is created at sysgen time, we think that we need
to modify the distribution tape in order to handle bad blocks in the
root system. It looks like we want to replace the 4th file on the
distribution tape which is mkfs.

     Can anybody tell us how to do this???