printf("%X") format

jmc at root44.UUCP jmc at root44.UUCP
Fri May 20 00:48:45 AEST 1983

The problem with printf %X and %x was exacerbated in the UNIX System III
version of ADB, which (as distributed) had a rather half-baked conversion
to %lo %lx in the format to print O and X output.  Since it had its own version
of printf, it did strange things if you wanted to use O and X.

Whilst fixing that I noticed that the op-code print routines still handled
version 6 system calls (16 bit offset to seek etc).

All very strange.  I suppose the support people had half-forgotten about adb.

John Collins.	!vax135!ukc!root44!jmc