Berkeley Flame

bob%ucla-locus at sri-unix.UUCP bob%ucla-locus at sri-unix.UUCP
Tue Nov 8 04:34:22 AEST 1983

From:            Bob English <bob at ucla-locus>

Who said Berkeley was in business?  They're a university, not
a software clearinghouse.  When they offered to do software
development, they probably didn't bargain on software support as
well.  I doubt the people still at Berkeley have a vested
interest in having the whole world use 4.2 and don't feel any
urgent need to answer questions or fix bugs for individuals.  If
you want that kind of support, I suggest you talk to someone who
cares about such things.

--bob--

P.S. Remember that when you say "Berkeley" (or "UCLA" or "MIT" or
"CMU" or ...) you're talking about a group of largely autonomous
faculty with their own interests and research goals.  Approaching
them as a unit will probably not be very productive.  Find the
appropriate individuals and approach them.