ACU (cu) Problems

darrell at drux3.UUCP darrell at drux3.UUCP
Fri Oct 14 02:28:42 AEST 1983

We are having several problems with cu on 5.0 UNIX.  I understand that
there may have been some discussion on this a while back but
unfortunately no one around here remembers any solutions offered.

The problem that we haven't been able to resolve involves dialing
numbers with access codes and extensions.  A number such as
     9=1-xxx-xxx-xxxx=xxxx=xxxx
causes a 'dialer hung' error message.  We have tried eliminating some
of the '-'s since dial.c doesn't allow for them when computing the
timeout value for the write to the ACU but that didn't help.  Any
suggestions on this one?

The other problem we have encountered is a 'no answer' message.  The
ACU has completed the dialing but dial.c times out before the other
end answers.  Our DIMENSION(tm) is evidently a little slow.  I fixed
this one by increasing the timeout value to 25 seconds which
eliminated most of these problems.

Thanks in advance.
--
Darrell McIntosh, AT&T Information Systems Laboratories, Denver
(303) 538-3212, {ihnp4|hogpc}!drux3!darrell