memory controller problems

eric at aplvax.UUCP eric at aplvax.UUCP
Fri Oct 14 04:49:08 AEST 1983

	I am currently trying to bring up 4.1 on a VAX 11/780.
Just for completeness, the configuration is an RP07, a dz, a
lineprinter, and 2 M of memory. The first problem is that the
memory controller is one of DEC's new controllers that use
1 M boards. When I boot the system, I get the message :

	nexus type 6c unsupported (at tr 1)

The system does go ahead and boot, however. What do I need to do
to support this type of controller, anything special?

	Also, in a possibly related case, I can not get the system
to probe the dz and the lp. After many debug messages, I have found
that the call to "badaddr" with the addresses for each of the
devices fails. The lower part of the address appears correct, but
the upper half is computed in a mysterious way. Is this top half
being mis-computed because of the mcr? Or is there simply a problem
with the uba itself?

	I will appreciate any help, leads, or rumors. So far nothing
seems to have worked (and believe me, I have tried some pretty
out-landish things at this point).

P.S. Anyone got a straight 4.1 driver for a dmf32 board? I haven't
even tried putting this in yet, but will have to eventually.

--
					eric
					...!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!eric