No GNUs is good news

wls at astrovax.UUCP wls at astrovax.UUCP
Fri Oct 21 16:04:06 AEST 1983

For about $900 an educational institution can get a source license for 4.x BSD
on the VAX.  I am not sure now but when I checked a year ago the USG versions
were of the same order.  The Unix ports to microprocessors (Unisoft, for
example) are all binary licenses, for source one pays through the nose.  I am
unhappy about this situation and would support an effort like GNU to bring
source back to these microprocessors.
 Bill Sebok	Princeton Univ. Astrophysics
 {allegra,akgua,cbosgd,decvax,ihnp4,kpno}!astrovax!wls