Disabling core dumps

Andrew Glassner glassner at cwruecmp.UUCP
Sun Oct 23 03:43:39 AEST 1983

I've got a large C program that has some bugs.  It often
ends up dumping core, which can take upwards of a minute
or so.  I don't want that core: the problem's causes lie
in a data structure that's wrong...I just need to insert
some new diagnostics and get everything right.
The core dump is annoying because I just have to sit and
wait ... and I don't want the stuff!    My first command
afterwards is "rm core".
We're running 4.1BSD - is there some way   (a command to
the shell,  a compile-time flag,  anything!)  to disable
this automatic dumping of core and just have my terminal
come back?

	-Andrew

		Andrew Glassner   decvax!cwruecmp!glassner